Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus


Here's the current bus sock.

It's just a lot of reading about how to knit socks and not really any pattern. I can't remember the yarn - from the stash and the label was gone. I think it has something in it that is supposed to soften your feet for a while, but it's not the Lion Brand Sock Ease.

Had about 4 inches of the second sock done. Took a good look at it at lunch time while wearing reading glasses. Turns out knitting with sunglasses on is NOT the same as knitting with reading glasses on. Go figure. I dropped a stitch some rows back and didn't have a crochet hook with (my only reliable method) so I tried to finagle it with the double point. It was ugly but I continued knitting hoping it would absorb. After a couple of rows I counted an extra stitch. So I decreased. Does anyone else do this crazy stuff? Two rows later, a definite hole at the scene of the crime. So again not waiting until I had a crochet hook I frogged back past the hole. I couldn't get the thing back on the needles without a lot of slipping, lost my cool and that's when the wheels came off the bus. I just frogged the whole thing and I'll start over.

So I did the only thing a knitter can do in that moment. I went on line and ordered more sock yarn.

No comments: